THE DEMAND FOR MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMS IN SOCIOLOGY AMONG STUDENTS
Annotation. The article deals with the problem of choosing the educational trajectory of a master’s degree in sociology among undergraduate students. The purpose of the work is to identify the most popular educational programs related to sociology. In the article, the author identifies six thematic groups with similar directions in the field of the object under study. The work is based on the results of a survey conducted in 2021 at Plekhanov Russian University of Economics among students using a quota sample. The scientific novelty of the work lies in the classification of master’s degree programs into thematic categories and the identification of groups and areas of leadership that are most popular among students. According to the results of the study, it was revealed that most of all students want to develop in the field of marketing and PR and in political sociology. The results obtained can be used in educational institutions when organizing new educational master’s programs.
Keywords: master’s degree, sociology, students.
List of sources
1. Balaeva O.E. The specifics of the formation of research culture among undergraduates in the field of applied sociology at a sports university on the example of RSUFKSMiT // The Tauride scientific observer. – 2016. – №3(8). – Pp. 122-125. URL:
https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25794412 2. Konovalova E.I., Abramov A.P. Education as an object of consumption // Bulletin of the Tambov University. Ser. Social sciences. – 2017. – T. 3. – №2(10). – Pp. 53-60. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29273649 .
3. Koshkin A.P., Kargapolova E.V., Gorin D.G., Davydova Yu.A., Novikov A.V. Results of a sociological study of electronic culture of students of Moscow universities. The message about the registration of the database <url> <url> 2019621461, 15.08.2019. Application no. 2019621380 dated 09.08.2019. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39320051
4. Koshkin A.P., Ivanova A.Yu., Kargapolova E.V., Davydova Yu.A. Human capital and the significance of master’s education // CITISE. – 2021. – № 1 (27). – Pp. 183-194. URL: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=45645428 .
5. Education in the modern Russian region: quality, state, problems, trends / Kargapolova E.V., Aksyutina I.V., Besedina I.V., Dmitrieva Y.L., Kachurovskaya N.M., Medvedev S.B., Semenova M.A., Taran S.A., Shuklina Yu.A. Monograph. Volgograd, 2013. – 194 p. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=25114894 .
6. Potential and features of adaptation of students of the Astrakhan region: the experience of sociological, psychological and political analysis / Aryasova A.Yu., Kargapolova E.V., Lebedintseva L.A., Medvedev S.B., Rymarovich S.N., Khamzyaeva O.S. Astrakhan, 2012. – 160 p. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=19674265 .
7. Tlisov A.B., Tyaglov S.G., Bryukhanova N.V. Personnel support of the economy of the region on the basis of the development of the Institute of Magistracy // Bulletin of the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics. – 2017. – No.1. – PP. 138-147. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28766028 .
8. Tuchkov S.M., Davydova Yu.A., Kokoulina O.P. Modern requirements for the competencies of a high school teacher // CITISE. – 2017. – № 4 (13). – P. 26. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=32336976 .
9. Fedotova L. N. Politika – QMS – Politiki: The sociological paradigm // Bulletin of the RUDN. Series: Literary Studies. Journalism. – 2017. – VOL. 22. – No. 1. – PP. 99-114. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28376645 .
10. Shapiro M.G. Economic sociology and the sociology of money // Social research. – 2018. – No. 1. – PP. 55-64. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35303779 .
11. Davydova Yu., Kargapolova E.V., Koshkin A.P., Denisenkova N.N., V. Cherdantsev.B. Improving the effectiveness of additional vocational education in the context of a pandemic // Web-conference of the SHS. International scientific and practical conference “Solovyov historical and philosophical readings. Russian and foreign experience in the system of humanitarian education: history, modernity, prospects” 2020. – Moscow, 2021. – p. 01037. https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=50160827 .
12. Koshkin A.P., Novikov A.V., Abramov R.A., Rozhina E.Yu. The role of social representations in motivating students to receive additional education // Interchange. – 2018. – Vol. 49. – No. 3. – pp. 313-341. https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41781328