Dankova Alina, Leshchenko Yulia
THE PHENOMENON OF FINANCIAL PYRAMIDS
Annotation. The purpose of this work is to consider the phenomenon of financial pyramids and their main types, to determine the causes of their appearance, their impact on the economy and the nature of measures to combat them. The article presents the main features, stages of the life cycle, the reasons for the appearance of financial pyramids. The main types of financial pyramids are considered: single-level, multi-level, matrix and their impact on the country’s economy. The authors have determined the current state of financial pyramids, as well as state measures to combat organizations with signs of financial pyramids. The Central Bank of Russia publishes information on identified cases of financial pyramids, which allows consumers to be warned about possible risks. Conclusions. The emphasis is on early warning of consumers of financial services and on limiting the spread of illegal activities through social networks. State authorities should strive to improve mechanisms for the rapid detection of fraudulent financial schemes, control organizations suspected of this type of activity and hinder their functioning.
Keywords: financial pyramids, financial literacy, Central Bank of Russia, financial information, fraud, shadow economy, economic security, financial schemes.
- “Code of the Russian Federation on Administrative Offenses” 30.12.2001 N 195-FZ // SPS ConsultantPlus: Legislation: Prof version. [electronic resource]. – URL: https://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_34661/.
- “Criminal Code of the Russian Federation” 13.06.1996 N 63-FZ // SPS ConsultantPlus: Legislation: Prof version. [electronic resource]. –URL: https://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_10699
- Gavrilova M. K., Rakhimova A. R. Financial pyramids //Alley of Science. – 2018. – Vol. 4. – No. 1. – P. 894-897.
- Gutrova, M. M. The influence of financial pyramids on the economic security of Russia / M. M. Gutrova, V. A. Selezneva. — Text: direct // Young scientist. — 2018. — № 15 (201). — P. 14-17.
- Zabiyako E. S., Gorbacheva E. V. Financial pyramids: essence, signs and principles. – 2022. – pp. 1-6. [Electronic resource]. Access mode: http://elib.osu.ru/handle/123456789/14800.
- Maltseva S.M., Balashova E.S., Ershova E.A., Kornusova V.M. Financial pyramids: the current state and methods of struggle // ANI: economics and management. 2021. No. 1 (34). – P. 211-214.
- Makhova A.V., Nelipa A.V. Financial pyramids in the modern Russian economy // Economics and Business: theory and practice. 2020. No.4-2. – P. 147-151.
- Robert Schiller. Irrational optimism: How reckless behavior governs markets. – M.: Alpina Publisher, 2017. – P. 281-283.
- Khorunin A.Yu., Filchakova N.Yu., Rudchenko N.P., “Financial pyramids”: on the question of the relevance and social danger of the phenomenon in modernity// Financial research. 2018. No. 4 (61). pp. 88-93.
- Yuri V.G., Grigory M.K., Ruslan S.M., Vladimir P.R. Methodology of expert research of the activities of credit and consumer cooperatives and other financial market organizations with signs of “financial pyramids” // Proceedings of the Academy of Management of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. 2021. No. 3 (59). – P. 149-156.