Sevostyanov Pavel, Makaev Artem
GLOBAL CHALLENGE: THE FORMATION OF AN INTERNATIONAL CLIMATE IMPERATIVE
Abstract. The global consensus on the need to reduce energy emissions has taken place, it can no longer be denied. The Paris Climate Agreement, signed in 2015, institutionalizes this consensus, extended to almost 200 countries around the world with the goal of maximum – zero emissions by 2050. Moreover, the problem of global climate warming is rapidly taking on concrete economic outlines. In practice, this means a complete technological re-equipment of entire energy industries and a technological breakthrough in the creation of new energy products in the next 5-7 years. In 2021, the world made key decisions on the climate agenda. The trend to reduce emissions will be unwound every year, drawing various energy sectors into the funnel of new restrictions.
Keywords: climate, energy transition, oil, carbon, warming, energy efficiency.
1. Dvorkin, V. Z. Transformation of strategic stability // World economy and international relations. – 2013. – No. 8 – pp. 22-28.
2. Sevostyanov, P. I. Ecological problems of the Arctic: an international aspect / P. I. Sevostyanov // International Life. – 2021. – No. 2. – pp. 112-123.
3. Stoll, V. V. Resources in the struggle for human survival // Observer-Observer. 2019. – No. 10. – pp. 5-20.
4. Nordhaus W. D. Climate Club Futures: On the Effectiveness of Future Climate Clubs // Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers. 2619. 2021 // URL: https://elischolar. library.yale.edu/cowles-discussion-paper-series/2619 (Accessed September 15, 2022);
5. Zhiltsov S., Shtol V., Egorov V. Energy flows in Central Asia: issues and outlook // Central Asia and the Caucasus. 2017. – Vol. 18. – No. 3. – pp. 57-66.
6. Climate projections. Copernicus [Online] / ECMWF. – URL: https://climate.copernicus.eu/climate-projections (Accessed September 15, 2022);
7. FACT SHEET: President Biden’s Leaders Summit on Climate [Online] / The White House. – URL: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/04/23/fact-sheet-president-bidens-leaders-summit-on-climate/ (Accessed September 14, 2022);
8. Fourth National Climate Assessment: Chapter 2: Our Changing Climate [Online] / U.S. Global Change Research Program. – URL: https://nca2018.globalchange.gov/chapter/2/ (Accessed April 6, 2022);
9. New START Treaty: Resolution Of Advice And Consent To Ratification, bureau of arms control, verificaion, and compliance [Online] / U.S. Department of State – URL: http://www.state.gov/t/avc/rls/153910.htm (Accessed September 11, 2022);
10. Recovery plan for Europe [Online] / European Commission – European Commission. 2021. – URL: https://ec.europa.eu/info/strategy/recovery-plan-europe_en#nextgenerationeu (Accessed 14 September 2022).