Kulikov S., Kuznetsova A., Starkovskaya D.
THE IMAGE OF A VEGETARIAN ON THE YOUTUBE INFORMATION PORTAL (BASED ON CONTENT ANALYSIS MATERIALS)
Annotation. Currently, there is a great increase in interest in vegetarianism in the world. In all countries, the number of people adhering to plant-based diets is increasing.
The purpose of this study is the attitude towards vegetarianism and other plant-based diets of users who publish content on the video hosting “YouTube”, based on the results of a sociological study. The study was conducted by the method of content analysis. The content analysis form included semantic units associated with the word “vegetarian”.
It is recorded that the most common semantic units were “vegetarianism”, “veganism” and “vegetarianism-raw foodism”. There are more authors covering this topic among men than among women. It was also revealed that the predominant number of authors are adherents of the diet.
Keywords: vegetarianism, plant-based diet, veganism, medicine, YouTube.
1. Vegetarianism: more benefit or harm? Expert opinion of the nutritionist of the MC FEFU [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://www.dvfu.ru/med/news/vegetarianstvo_bolshe_polzy_ili_vreda_ekspertnoe_mnenie_dietologa_mts_dvfu/.
2. Evseev V.O., Methods of research work in the youth environment: textbook / V.O.Evseev – M.: INFRA-M, 2022.-268 p.
3. Zavasta T. Quantum nutrition. The authentic elixir of youth / translated from the English by O. Turukhina. Moscow: Ganga, 2018. 573 p.
4. Kargapolova E.V. Socio-ecological system of the region: the state and trends of development / N.V. Dulina, V.V. Dyakova, E.V. Kogai, Yu.G. Mironova, E.V. Ostrovskaya; under the general editorship of E.V. Kargapolova. Astrakhan: Publishing House “Astrakhan State University, 2019. 232 p.
5. Leitzman K. Veganism: pros and cons / translated from German by D. Sorokina. Minsk: Discourse, 2020. 158 p.
6. Mironova Yu.G., Kargapolova E.V., Dulina N.V. Nutrition in the structure of self-preservation behavior of modern Russian students: regional features // Bulletin of the Surgut State Pedagogical University. 2019. No. 4 (61). pp. 132-143.
7. Nixon L. Plant-based diet: say yes to your health /translated from English by A. Sukhanova. M.: Mann, Ivanov and Ferber, 2017. 239 p.
8. Pashinyan I. A. Content analysis as a research method: advantages and limitations // Scientific periodicals: problems and solutions. 2012. No. 3. pp. 13-18.
9. Tolstoy L. N. The way of life. Archived copy dated January 30, 2014 on Wayback Machine. M.: “Republic”, 1993.
10. Purely vegetarians in the world [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://go-veg.ru/news/world/2015-09-21-187
11. What is the danger of vegetarianism in childhood [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://mosgorzdrav.ru/ru-RU/news/default/card/2121.html .