GENDER INEQUALITY IN MODERN RUSSIAN SOCIETY (ON THE EXAMPLE OF THE MOSCOW)
Abstract. The study of gender inequality remains relevant for all countries, including the Russian Federation. The purpose of the research is to study gender inequality in modern Russian society among residents of Moscow, implemented under the guidance and direct participation of the author of the article by the online questionnaire method. The novelty of the study is as follows. It is shown that the majority of respondents recognize the presence of gender inequality in the modern urban space. It has been revealed that there are gender stereotypes among Moscow residents regarding the roles of men and women in the family: a woman is obliged to monitor the household, and a man is obliged to provide financially. However, the proportion of those who express complete disagreement with existing gender stereotypes is also recorded. It is determined that the respondents’ attitude to gender stereotypes is contradictory, which indicates the individual characteristics of the perception of sexual roles.Prospects for further research are associated with conducting content analysis to identify the main causes of gender inequality in modern Russian society and to identify stereotypes common among the population of Moscow.
Keywords: gender, social inequality, gender inequality, gender stereotypes, modern russian society.
1. Bowlby, J. Attachment / J. Bowlby. ‑ M. 2003 – 243 p.
2. Dulina, N. V. The mentality of youth in the conditions of socio-cultural modernization / N. V. Dulina, S. V. Kargapolov, E. V. Kargapolova // Modernization of the polyethnic macroregion and neighboring states: experience, problems, development scenarios. materials of the All-Russian Scientific Conference. 2014. Р. 41-47.
3. Durkheim, E. On the division of social labor. Method of sociology / per. with fr. A.A. Ivanova. ‑ M.: Moscow Publishing House, 1991. ‑ Р. 58-61.
4. Sigmund, F. Essays on the psychology of sexuality / F. Sigmund. – M.: Eksmo, 2018. – 243 р.
5. Aleksandrova M. A. Gender discrimination in women’s right to choose a profession // Beneficium. 2019. № 4(33). P. 74-83.
6. Belyaev V. S. Problems of gender inequality in marriage // Bulletin of science and practice. 2019. № 7. Р. 243-247.
7. Voronkin A.V., Baumbach S. O. Gender inequality in the legal sphere of Russia // Innovative Science. 2016. № 8-3. Р. 84-85.
8. Groshev S. N., Singer A. V Legal analysis of the problem of gender inequality in the Russian Federation // Bulletin of the Altai legal. 2018. № 4(24). P. 141-145.
9. Guriev S. D., Belova O. E. Glass ceiling in women’s careers // Electronic network polythematic journal “Scientific works of KubSTU”. 2019. №. S4. Р. 769-773.
10. Yevlaev A. N., Makarov O. N. Social aspects of gender inequality in modern Russia // SEARCH: Politics. Social studies. Art. Sociology. Culture. 2019. № 3(74). Р. 92-97.
11. Eliseeva, I. I., Dekina M. P.Statistical analysis of gender wage inequality in modern Russia // Statistics and Economics. 2019. Vol. 16. № 5. Р. 85-93.
12. Evseev V.O. Methods of research work in the youth environment: Study guide/ V. O. Evseev, under the general editorship of N. A. Volgin. ‑M.: University textbook: INFRA-M, 2012. ‑ 237 p.
13. Irodovskaya D. N., Shepilevskaya G. V. Gender inequality. A woman in society // Electronic scientific-methodical journal Omsk state agrarian UNIVERSITY. 2018. № 5. – Р. 11-18.
14. Kargapolov S. V., Anufrieva E. V. Digital culture students of the metropolis: gender aspects // Social space. 2020. Vol. 6. № 4. Р. 2.
15. Kasic A. S. Gender inequality at the present stage of development of society // Science Symbol. 2015. № 7-2. Р. 179-181.
16. Kononova T. M. et al. Paradoxes of masculine socialization: from patriarchy to gender-role conflict // Bulletin of Surgut State Pedagogical University. 2019. № 2(59). P. 33-40.
17. Mararitsa L.V. The phenomenon of gender inequality as a factor of a woman’s career capital: problem statement // Human psychology in education. 2019. Vol. 1. № 1. Р. 44-52.
18. Novikova S. S. Gender equality and inequality in Russia: history and modernity // Social policy and Sociology. 2016. Vol. 15. № 3(116). P. 108-115.
19. Polutova M. A. Gender inequality as a social problem // Theory and practice of human resource management. Collection of articles of the IV International Full-time Scientific and Practical Conference. 2017. № 1. Р. 72-76.
20. Goldthorpe J.H. Women and Class Analysis: In Defense of the Conventional View // Sociology. 1983. Vol. 17. № 4. P. 465-475.
21. Niyazi A. UNDP report on human development in 2018: trends and indexes in the world and Russia // Russia and the moslem world. 2019. № 1(303). P. 6-12.
22. Orlova, O. N. Gender differentiation in the field of labor activity in Russia / N. O. Orlova, T. V. Khvesko // Experientia EST optima magistra / NIU “Belgu”. – Belgorod: Belgorod State National Research University, 2020. ‑ P. 141-145.
23. Sukhareva I. A., Tretiakova O. S., Ria. Gender disparity in SOME Asian countries and Russia // Tauride medico-biological Bulletin. 2017. Vol. 20. № 1.