Evseewa T., Davydova Ju.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION IN THE FIELD OF INTELLECTUAL OF OWNERSHIP USING MEDIATION
Abstract. The article analyzes the state of development of the sphere of intellectual property in Russia and the leading countries of the world, as well as the types of conflicts related to the illegal and illegal use of intellectual property. The urgency of combating the illegal use of intellectual property products is due to the following reasons: in developed countries, the share of intangible assets (IP) in the formation of GDP is up to 30%, on the other hand, GDP losses from copyright infringement and counterfeit products reach up to 10%. The article presents WIPO statistics on the world leaders in patenting in various industries and patent applications received by ten leading countries of the world. It is necessary to state Russia’s serious lag in this area, the main reasons that prevent Russia from making a rapid acceleration in this direction are listed. The statistics of conflict situations of violations of the rights to IP objects in the EAEU countries are given. The results of the work of intellectual Property Rights Courts are considered, statistics on types of offenses are given. The conclusions provide recommendations on expanding the possibilities of using the mediation procedure in resolving conflicts in the field of intellectual property.
Keywords: Intellectual property, WIPO, Rospatent, world leaders, patents, copyrights, counterfeit products, claims, conflicts, courts, mediation.
- Biryukov P.N., Pronin A.V. Mediation procedure in Austria. Arbitration and Civil Procedure, 2011, no. 10, pp. 42-48.
- Borisova E.A. Russian mediation procedure: development concept. Bulletin of Civil Procedure, 2011, no. 1 pp. 66-78.
- Gorbik K.E. Mediation procedure – a new alternative dispute settlement procedure with the participation of a mediator. Justice of the peace, 2011, no. 5, pp. 16-18.
- Galushkin A.A. On the issue of mediation as a dispute settlement procedure. Modern psychology, 2015, no. 1, pp. 6.
- Grin E.A. Mediation procedure in disputes related to intellectual property: problems and prospects. Agrarian and land law, 2019, no. 8 (176), pp. 106-107.
- Jalilov E.A., Khusainova O.V. Mediation in the field of intellectual property. A modern scientist, 2020, no. 1, pp. 304-308.
- Naumova E.A. Review and analysis of the effectiveness of the new rules of arbitration proceedings in the work of the courts of first instance. Bulletin of Arbitration Practice, 2019, no. 5 (84), pp. 53-70.
- Sorokoletova M.A. Conciliation procedures and mediation procedure: analysis and correlation of concepts. Eurasian Union of Scientists, 2016, no. 1-5 (22), pp. 74-75.
- Sapieva D.B., Podgaynaya E.V. Mediation procedure in entrepreneurial activity. New Science: Current state and ways of Development, 2017, vol. 3, no. 3. pp. 153-158.
- Sergeeva N.Yu. Mediation as a legitimate way to settle disputes in the field of intellectual property in Russia. Journal of the Intellectual Property Rights Court, 2018, no. 19, pp.98-102.