Skryl T., Nikolenko S., Kirillova V.
TH ASSESSMENT OF CRITERIA OF ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE AND ECONOMIC EFFICIENCY IN A GREEN ECONOMY
Abstract. The article discusses the basic principles of environmental justice and their relationship with economic efficiency in the context of the impact of environmental criteria on sustainable economic development. As one of the criteria, the authors took the MSCI ESG rating, presented by the Morgan Stanley rating agency, which allows determining the company’s compliance with the criteria of sustainable development within the framework of the implementation of the principles of the “green” economy. The MSCI ESG rating system is the most suitable for those who want to invest in sustainable development, as it affects all the necessary aspects of evaluating the activities of a company’s production within the framework of the development of a “green” economy. Based on the data obtained, the authors identified the least successful sectors of the economy in terms of the implementation of the principles of the “green” economy and the correlation of the criteria of the concept of environmental justice and economic efficiency.
Keywords: “green” economy, environmental justice, economic efficiency, rating, investment, sustainable development, environment, company.
1. ESG ratings and Russian practice. – Access mode: https://www.if24.ru/esg-rejtingi-i-rossijskaya-praktika/
2. Fairtrade International / Fairtrade. – Access mode: https://www.fairtrade.net
3. Five ways that ESG creates value / McKinsey. – Access mode: https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/strategy-and-corporate-finance/our-insights/five-ways-that-esg-creates-value
4. Investment governance and the integration of environmental, social and governance factors. / OECD. Access mode: https://www.oecd.org/finance/Investment-Governance-Integration-ESG-Factors.pdf
5. MSCI: MSCI ESG ratings methodology. – Access mode: https://www.msci.com/documents/1296102/4769829/MSCI+ESG+Ratings+Methodology+-+Exec+Summary+Dec+2020.pdf/15e36bed-bba2-1038-6fa0-2cf52a0c04d6?t=1608110671584
6. Post-covid economic revival, 2022. Sectors, Institutions, and Policy / Cham, 2022. Vol. 2 https://www.elibrary.ru/author_profile.asp?id=50137
7. Skryl T., Osipov V., Vorozheikina T. On the way to ecological agriculture: decision-making process in agrarian state policy. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 2019. p. 012066 https://www.elibrary.ru/author_profile.asp?id=501372
8. Business of the new reality. / Gazprom Neft. Access mode: https://www.gazprom-neft.ru/press-center/sibneft-online/archive/2021-january-february/5287836/
9. Bokarev A.A. Yakovlev I.A. “Green” investments in Russia: search for priority areas. – Access mode: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/zelenye-investitsii-v-rossii-poisk-prioritetnyh-napravleniy/viewer
10. Evseev V. O. Living space as a factor in the formation of national mentality//Scientific notes of the Russian State Social University. 2010. № 7 (83). Р. 12-20.
11. How the attitude to environmental problems in Russia has changed over the past 20 years. / RBC. Access mode: https://trends.rbc.ru/trends/green/5fa40ca19a794789f86c477c
12. Sustainable development and ESG indices / Vedomosti. – Access mode: https://events .vedomosti.ru/events/spb_ustoychivoerazvitie
13. Yakovlev I. A., Kabir L. S. The mechanism of financing “green” investments as an element of the national strategy for financing sustainable development. – Access mode: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/mehanizm-finansirovaniya-zelenyh-investitsiy-kak-element-natsionalnoy-strategii-finansirovaniya-ustoychivogo-razvitiya/viewer